This is one of my favorite REPEATING projects… We do this every February for the first 14 days… It’s easy, fun and helps to teach children about how to love others unconditionally. For those of you veteran Mommyapolis-ERS you’ve seen the LOVE JAR before, but every year we change our jobs! The way it works is that we think of 14 LOVE JOBS that we would like to do… They range from homemade gifts for family and friends to treats for neighbors and donations for strangers… I type them up, cut them out, and place them in the jar. Each morning we pick out one “job” and try to complete it by the end of the day. Some times I have to be strategic in the job picking just to make sure we can complete the task by the end of the day :)… Here is the Scoop for 2012!
2012 LOVE JOBS
* Call someone you care about and tell them why they are special!
* Fill a grocery bag with food items from our pantry and deliver it to a food shelf!
* Make a prayer jar with popsicle sticks and pick a name each night to pray for.
* Draw a picture for a friend or family member and mail it to them!
* Find one toy of your own that you would like to give to a child who may not have many of their own.
* Choose one book from your collection that you would like to give away to a child who may not have many of their own.
* Bring a treat to your teacher and tell her you appreciate her.
* Make cookies or cupcakes for a neighbor!
* Help make, purchase or send a meal to a family that might need it this week!
* Deliver Homemade Bird Feeders to friends and neighbors
* Take some money from your piggy bank and give to the children’s offering at church.
* Plan a menu and make invitations to invite some friends over for a special meal.
* Make homemade Valentines for children OR the elderly locally
* Make a blessings book as a family!