This morning the boys wanted to do another turkey craft. I kid you not when I say we have an entire wall of turkey crafts … I’ll post a pic of the “Thanksgiving” wall on Facebook! I see why they don’t want to eat turkey now .
Here’s The Scoop:
This craft can be done with any kind of paper or even a paper plate if you want. We just did scrapbook paper because it made them a little more colorful. I’ve made these turkey’s before using construction paper in all different colors for the feathers- also very cute! You could also just use white paper and let them color the body brown and decorate the feathers how ever they want! Do what you can!
* Scrapbook Paper, Construction Paper, Typing Paper
*Google Eyes OR Black Marker/Crayon
*Tissue Paper or red paper for “waddle”
1. Cut out a circle shape for the body… I trace an ice cream bucket lid .
2. Cut out a beak and feet… Older kids can do this on their own…
3. Cut strips of paper for the feathers. I cut about 1 inch strips…
4. Roll the strips of paper around a pencil or your finger. Once you/your kids get a hang of it you won’t need the pencil! My boys had a blast rolling and re-rolling and re-re- rolling…
5. Glue him all together!