OK, last fall the boys and I made these as back to school gifts for our teachers. They were so fun to make that we are going to do it again this year. The boys would like to make all sorts of different shapes this year, so we’ll see what we can come up with. For now, I think last years apple lollipops will be just fine . Your kids will love making these! Post your pics on our Facebook page once yours are done, I’d love to see what you come up with!
These SUCKERS would be a great way for you to “suck up” to your teacher…. HEE HEE…
What You’ll Need:
Red and Green Jolly Ranchers (I used 4 reds and 1 green for ONE sucker)
Craft Stick/Popsicle Stick/Lollipop Stick
Gallon Size Bag
1. Preheat your oven to 250F and sort through all those colorful Jolly Ranchers!
2. Put your red jolly ranchers in a plastic baggie and crush them with a hammer to form smaller pieces (don’t crush too much because you don’t want super small pieces). Repeat this process with your green jolly ranchers. I’ll be honest, I had my kids do this and they LOVED it…. I thought maybe we should do it outside, but after experimenting myself I found it doesn’t take much to smoosh the jolly’s so we did it inside!
3. Place a lollipop stick on your baking sheet lined with tinfoil.
4. Arrange all your broken red pieces in a circle at the top of your lollipop stick making an apple shape. Make sure all pieces are touching so it melts properly. I sprinkled any “dust” my kids made over the entire apple shape just to make sure it would all stick. Add the green pieces to the top of the red to form a “stem”…
5. Slide your cookie sheet in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until completely melted… At the end it melts quickly so it’s fun to watch!
6. Remove your apple from the oven and allow it to cool before peeling it off the foil. One thing to note is that these are “free formed” lollipops. If you prefer your lollipops to be perfect you could use an apple shaped metal cookie cutter to help you out…
7. Wrap it up for your favorite teacher OR eat it yourself! YUM…