THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO TRY TO POST DIFFERENT APPLE RECIPES THAT WE LOVE… MAKE A TRIP TO YOUR LOCAL ORCHARD AND ENJOY APPLES A COUPLE DIFFERENT WAYS!
- 3 to 4 lbs of peeled, cored, and quartered apples.
- Juice of one lemon, about 3-4 Tbsp
- 1 cinnamon stick (if desired) or 2 T cinnamon (we leave it out at our house)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- up to 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of apple juice or water
1 Put all ingredients into a large pot. Cover. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
2 Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon stick. Mash with potato masher.
Ready to serve, either hot or refrigerated. Freezes easily..
The sugar amounts are just guidelines, depending your taste, and on the sweetness of your apples, use less or more. If you use less sugar, you’ll likely want to use less lemon juice. The lemon juice brightens the flavor of the apples and balances the sweetness.