Prepare yourself for a few more zucchini recipes… Did I mention I have zucchini growing everywhere? They have taken over my garden… They are like little green monsters popping up everywhere! Oh and last week my neighbor dropped off a zucchini that a friend had given her- I kid you not it was the size of one of those little kids puffy plastic baseball bats. I made two batches of banana chocolate chip zucchini muffins (recipe below, I just added 3 bananas), one batch of zucchini bread and a batch of zucchini brownies (I just added zucchini to my favorite brownie recipe). After making all of these lovely zucchini baked goods I still had three fourths of that honker shredded and unused… I put it in my freezer just like that, hope that’s OK???
OK onto the grilled zucchini boats, here’s the scoop:
1. Cut a zucchini in half length wise. Scoop out the seeds just to make a little indentation for the cheese and tomatoes!
2. Mix some fresh garlic with either olive oil or melted butter (your choice)… Brush this mixture all over the zucchini boats.
3. Sprinkle fresh basil on top of the boat
4. Add Mozzarella cheese
5. Sprinkle with more fresh basil
6. Top with thinly sliced cherry/grape tomatoes
7. Grill on medium heat until cheese is melted and zucchini is soft but not mushy…