- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (32-ounce) box beef broth
- 3 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini lasagna noodles
- 1 (5-ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large Dutch oven, combine ground beef, sausage onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
Stir in brown sugar, broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add noodles, and simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into 8 to 10 ovenproof bowls. Evenly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil soups, 6-inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly… Serve with Garlic Bread and enjoy!