White Chicken Chili
A family favorite, to cozy up together with… I made this for some friends that had a new baby and just made sure to cut back on the jalapeno peppers. I froze the remainder for us and although it tasted fantastic, the chicken was really stringy after freezing it! I guess what I’m saying is it is better FRESH…
4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked (I either bake or saute them in garlic)
6 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3 cans Great Northern Beans
2 T olive oil
3 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
1.5 t ground cumin OR half a package of fajita seasoning
1/2 cup lime juice
2 T cornstarch
2 T cold water
1. Chop onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers, saute in Olive Oil
2. Drain 1 can of beans and rinse well. Using the bottom of a drinking glass, mash the beans and set aside
3. Drain the remaining 2 cans of beans and rinse well, DO NOT MASH… set aside
4. Combine the pepper/onion/garlic mixture with the chicken, mashed beans, whole beans, chicken broth, seasoning, and lime juice. Bring this to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
5. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to chili and continue to cook until thickens, stirring constantly.
6. Serve warm with cut up avocado, snipped cilantro, shredded cheese, green onions, corn bread, crackers, etc..