I love this time of year… planting my garden, picking rhubarb, making rhubarb desserts :)… My Dad has rhubarb plants, I do not 😦 but I take his when ever I can… I highly suggest this pie, you will love it! MMMMM….. Not too sweet, not too sour, just perfect!
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups halved strawberries
- 2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut up
- 2 teaspoons milk
Fill crust with filling. Scatter butter on top of the filling. Add top crust. Pinch edges and ventilate the top. Brush with milk. Sprinkle sugar on top. Bake on cookie sheet for 50 minutes. Can cover edge with tinfoil if cooking too fast.
Allow to cool 1 hour before serving or you will have a runny pie 🙂