Homemade Bubble Recipe
2 Cups Dish Soap (I have found Joy works the best, but any are fine)
6 Cups Water
¾ Cup White Karo Syrup or 2T glycerin (available at drugstore)
Combine, shake, and let settle for 4 hours before using. Again, we’ve used this right away I just don’t shake it as much…
Store covered in the refrigerator to extend suds shelf life. Then allow warming before using. I store it in my garage and it seems “perfect”
• Do not stir wand in suds, this avoids foaming.
• If foam develops, scrape off with stiff card.
• Keep suds clean, avoid dirt, grass, bugs etc.
• Use a 9×13 cake an or pizza pan for suds.
• Bubbles are best on humid days
• Joy and Karo syrup work best. Other brands will work, just maybe not as “awesome”
• Direct sun light weakens suds.
• If bubbles get in eyes, Rinse with water
BUBBLE WAND: Bend a metal hanger or even just a pipe cleaner into desired shape (but the bubbles will still be round)…For small wands tie a twist tie to a straw.